Bed bugs are a common nuisance in major households. They are incredibly small insects that can crawl into almost any area no matter how confined it is and this enables for them to stay for prolonged periods of time without being detected by the home owner.
Identification of Bed Bug Infestation
Beg bug, just like the other pests, leave a trail of symptoms, when they begin to infest a building.
- Bite marks are a major sign. Bed bugs infest a building in order to bite the humans for blood, which is their source of nourishment. The bite marks will be reddish in color and small in size. If such bites are found, then bed bug infestation is a serious possibility.
- As bed bugs move around a bed, they tend to leave fecal maters behind. These appear as dark spots on the bed and in the nearby area.
- Bed bugs molt on a regular basis. These shells or casings are also generally found near the proximity of the bed.
- Sometimes it is possible to notice the bugs while they move around which confirms that infestation has taken place without a doubt.
Proper bed bugs treatment will need to be performed as soon as these signs begin to appear.
Proper Treatment Qualities
- The treatment should be non-toxic in nature so as to prevent any risk to the health of the occupants of the building.
- The treatment should be fast so that the infestation can be quickly removed.
- The bed bugs treatment should not be difficult to use.
- The cost of the treatment should be affordable.
- The homeowner should not have to suffer any inconveniences for prolonged periods because of the treatment.
The Available Treatments
Bed bugs are extremely sensitive to high temperatures. A bed bugs treatment can involve raising the temperature of the infected room to high temperatures so that the bugs can be completely killed. The temperature should be raised to above 49 degrees Celsius or 120 degrees Fahrenheit. However, the materials used for the room should also be considered while this treatment is being used because the heat can also damage certain materials.
Steaming is also a common method employed to remove an infestation by bed bugs. It is a nontoxic method which does not create any health problems for the occupants. The rooms can also be used soon after the treatment is over. Apart from destroying the bed bugs, steaming can also completely sanitize the room. It does not harm the furniture or the other items in the room.
Bed bugs are also quite sensitive to low temperatures. Cryonite is the most widely used product for killing bed bugs that utilizes this concept. The major component of this product is what is commonly known as carbon dioxide snow. This substance can cause the insides of these insects to freeze. The water present in the cells can freeze into ice. Additionally, the entire process is nontoxic. The occupants do not need to evacuate the building while this bed bugs treatment is taking place.
A complete vacuum cleaning of the infested area can be a practical treatment method. Everything should be thoroughly cleaned and vacuumed. This also includes vacuum cleaning the carpets and furniture. Special attention needs to be given to any cracks and crevices present inside the room.
All fabrics present in the infested room such as clothes, bed sheets and furniture coverings should be washed in the hot water. An intensive wash in hot water will ensure that any bed bugs present in the fabrics will die because they cannot tolerate high temperatures.
Smoke is often employed as a bed bugs treatment. The affected area is completely shrouded in smoke which contains insecticides.
Want you identify more steps for Proper Treatment of Bed Bugs Treatment? You can go through this link, and get know more steps.