It is a tedious task to select the central heating systems because there are so many options available in the market that literally confuse people. Each home is unique as far as the heating requirements are concerned. If you are in a fix on how to go about with the project, consult the specialists because they will be able to provide you with the complete information and guide you to take the best decision.
Mentioned below are valuable tips that will help you make the right decision.
- Gas is one of the most common central heating systems that are being used for a long time by the users. With the help of gaseous fuel the boiler heats up the water and pumps it through the radiator installed inside the rooms. As a result, the temperature increases and provides relief to the homeowners during the chilling winter season. Cast iron and aluminum materials are used to make the system efficient for the people to save on their energy bills. Prior to the installation of the gas system, you need to ensure that the house has sufficient storage for the fuel or else buying the gas can be a costly proposition.
- Oil based central heating systems have become very popular in recent times. They are specifically useful for people living in the rural areas. Oil is used as a fuel to heat up the water so that it could be transferred through the home to keep the ambience warm. In order to facilitate the process, thermostat and timers are used which go a long way in delivering perfect results to the homeowners. One of the drawbacks of the system is that the oil needs to be stored in the tank inside the house. Therefore, proper planning is necessary before proceeding ahead with the decision. Many people believe that the oil based heating system is smelly; however, it is a misconception because modern tanks are made of plastic which is immune to corrosion. Older steel tanks were not suitable for the storage of oil and so they were unfit for usage if not cleaned on a regular basis.
- You should contact a reputed vendor to purchase the heating system because it is backed by warranty and if there are any defects, the product would be replaced on a fly. Nobody wants a shoddy system that cannot function to the optimum capacity and causes accidents or mayhem inside the house.
- Another alternative is the LPG based system as it is cleaner when compared to the other fossil fuels. Burning the gas doesn’t release lots of pollutants in the atmosphere. It is particularly useful in rural areas where lot of space is available to the users where stocking of fuel is essential. Generally LPG is stored inside the basement; therefore you have to make provision for the storage before installing the heater in the house. LPG tank installation is far cheaper that using conventional oil based storage.
- Selecting the system is based on the choice of the users and how efficient it is to reduce the bills. Oil based heater is expensive as the cost of the fuel is increasing over a period of time. Since instantaneous heating occurs in the gas boilers, it is bound to consume lots of energy. If you do not have pipeline facility, the cost of transporting oil could be on the higher side. Another issue that one might face is the continuous servicing of the tankers because they are prone to malfunction due to persistent usage.
- Electrical central heating system is one of the most modern techniques that are clean as compared to the fuel based devices. Night time tariff of electric supply is available at a cheaper rate to the users in some areas and they find these options practical to solve their problem in an economic way.