Hoses are manufactured so that they can be used in all sorts of industries, and their uses and applications are vast. You come across a plethora of hoses and fittings that are able to adapt to any object or application. Nowadays, many types of new firefighting equipments have been developed and these are easily able to contain fires, the fire-hose is a very effective gadget. The reason for this is that they are able to capacitate a fire fighter to achieve passage to the site of the balefire so as to force to the water route to exhaustively extinguish the flames. Asides from water, the fire fighting hose is able to throw other fire retardants like cellophane at a minimal of 0.33 liter per second.
The different types of fire fighting hoses are as follows:
In connection with the fire service, many different types of hose have been designed. You will be able to come across fire hoses that have been designed so that they are able to operate under positive pressure and are known as discharge hoses. Amongst many such hoses are the, supply hose, attack hose forestry hose, relay hose, and booster hose. The fire hose manufacturers have also designed these fire hoses to operate under negative pressure are called suction hoses.
- Booster hose that has been manufactured by the fire hose manufacturers is a thick-walled, rubber-covered, flexible hose used to fight small fires. It is able to retain its round cross-section when it is not under pressure. Usually, it is carried on a reel on the fire pumper instead of being stored flat.
- Forestry hose that has been manufactured by the fire hose manufacturers is a flexible and a fabric-covered hose that is used to fight fires in brush, grass, and trees. It is in this type of hose that a lightweight hose is needed so as to easily maneuver it over steep or rough terrain.
- At times, suction hose is also known as hard suction and it is usually a semi-rigid hose, rubber-covered hose with internal metal reinforcements. The main use is to suck water out of unpressurized sources from the ponds or rivers, by means of a vacuum.
- The attack hose manufactured by the fire hose manufacturers is a fabric-covered flexible hose that is used to bring water from the fire pumper to the nozzle.
- The relay and supply hoses are fabric-covered, large-diameter, flexible hoses that bring water from a distant hydrant to the fire pumper or to relay water from one pumper to another over a long distance.
How Are Fire Fighting Hoses Manufactured?
Here are some of the basic steps involved in the manufacturing of Fire Fighting Hoses:
- Preparing the yarn
- Weaving the jackets
- Extruding the liner
- Forming the hose
- Pressure testing the hose
- Quality control
Construction of Fire Fighting Hoses
- Jacket: It is a sort of a circular woven firefighting hose made from synthetic yarn and a special blend of cotton that has maximum heat resistance and abrasion. Rot proofing agent is also used to treat this type of hose.
- Reinforcement: In this sort of a fire fighting hose a special type of adhesive is used to bond thin reinforcement of Fire Fighting Hose.
- Rubber Lining: This is a sort of fire fighting hose that has a Rubber Lining to add to the sturdiness of the hose.
Features of Fire Fighting Hoses
- Ability to withstand high operating & back pressure
- Abrasion resistant
- Light weight
- Reinforced rubber lined (RRL)
- Unaffected by mild dew
Therefore, we can say that the fire hose manufacturers are kept busy all the time because many countries face fire situations on a daily basis.