Skip is a vast open-topped container which has been designed for loading stuff on a special type of lorry. Instead of being emptied into another garbage truck that has been kept in the site beforehand here a skip is initially removed and later replaced by another empty skip and then drained on a transfer station or landfill site. Skip hire is a common practice that people adapt to cleaning spaces.
Advantages of hiring skip
Several companies t provide waste removal services whether it is an industrial or residential waste. The typical benefits of availing the skip hire for this purpose are as follows.
- Savings: Availing these services helps in saving your money, time and the effort that would be essential for disposing of the waste singlehanded. It is one of the easiest and cost-effective processes of eliminating the waste. Here the professionals would do all essential tasks right from collecting the garbage to disposing it the right place. It would definitely save the transportation cost of taking the waste to the right place. Here also the individuals do not need to come physically near the waste materials.
- Keep safe: It relieves the individual from manually filling the waste bins. It is likely that one would get hurt while filling the bins since it can contain broken pieces of glass or any other harmful objects. Availing the skip services, the professionals would take care of all these aspects about disposal of the waste. They would take up hygienic measures for disposal.
- Protect the environment: The disposal professionals would manage the process of picking up the waste materials in a responsible, proper as well as safe way. They adapt all modern methods s of disposal and have all details about disposal of the rubbish. Thus, the environment tends to stay clean since the disposal process is carried out properly.
- Will make building sites safe: Sometimes the waste that has to be disposed is accumulated due to some construction work of a building. It is essential to keep the site as clean as possible for the well-being of the workers in the site as well as passerby people. Leftover things such as cement, metal or glass can cause severe damage to any person. Hiring a skip would ensure security for every individual working on the site.
Shape and size of skip
The skip hire have pre-defined distinctive ways. If we make a longitudinal cross-section of the skip bin, it has a two-stacked trapezoidal or a trapezoidal shape. The lower one has a more extended edge towards the top and smaller edge towards the bottom of the skip. Both the ends have slopping wall or floors. There are generally two lugs attached to the ends of the bin where the chains are attached which allows the skip to be lifted on and off the lorry. Usually, one side of the skip has a door that helps in manual unloading and loading in the lorry. They usually withstand heavy load and is accustomed to rough handling by the laborers and the tradesmen. The size of these bins often depends on their usage. They are available numerous sizes. They must be hired as per the requirement. The common types of skip are explained below.
- Mini: They are the smallest and cheapest ones. They can be hired if there is the little amount of waste such as domestic spaces and has about 2-3 yard capacity.
- Midi: They are neither too large nor too small. They are commonly hired medium-sized spaces. In some areas they can be used as a secondary skip as well.
- Builder’s: They are usually visible in construction spaces and are quite large.