An electrician is a person who is responsible for repairing and installing electrical mechanism like commercial power lighting, machinery wiring, residential lighting, and power. Normally, electrician works with an electrical code that acts as permissible instrument for electrical instalments. There are certain techniques and conventions to be learned by an electrician to apply this code. Generally, electricians get apprenticeship program to become a professional and it plays an important role to get work.
An electrical contractor is an individual or business that holds the essential license for carrying out electrical works. These contractors have expert electricians team who are trained in various electrical fields such as computer architecture, telecommunication, radio transmission, electrical circuits, electrical motors & machinery, power transmission, and much more. Through well-trained electricians, the electrical contractors can design electrical things from small systems to large devices using scientific and technical ethics.
Work differences between Electrical Contractor and Electricians
Electrical contractors are business negotiators or companies who offer electrical service for the needy. Electrical contractors are accountable for recruiting electricians to do electrical work. They are responsible for any work that needs construction with certain designs and maintenance of various systems. In many countries all over the globe, this business reaps a lot of profit and they are given insurance and license that act as instrument of protection.
These license and insurance facilities are given to contractor for certain period of time, that allows the companies to operate electrical work. With such perks, they can protect their customer from the responsibility of the insurance. Three important types of electrical contractors are responsible of high transmission with high- voltage circulation lines. Their job is explained as follows.
- Outside electrical contractors: These contractors work in charge with the construction and preservation of infrastructure, which are required to stand electricity imminent from the plants. That comes via substations and high voltage lines, which supply power to commercial, industrial, and residential spaces.
- Inside electrical contractors: Inside contractors are primary people who operate for residential, institutions and commercial spaces. They work to manage the installation, preservation, and electrical designs that are essential for the space to work well. Generally, they deal with substation and outdoor lighting with electricity within the allotted area of particular service provider.
- VDV and IBS electrical contractor: These contactors normally deal with low-voltage installations such as security systems, climate control, fibre optics, reserve power, and telecommunication. The main goals of these contractors are wireless networking system and energy efficient lightning.
On the other hand, electrician is an individual who works under the contractors with special knowledge of the electrical installation. They are generally not permeable to work for public or huge spaces. They are well trained with all essentials of electrical installation.
Certification or license differences between Electrical Contractor and Electricians
Electricians have to fulfil all essential requirements to obtain their individual certification or license. These necessities include:
- Proper classroom training or apprenticeship program with average passing score on the state or city examination.
- For several years on the job training with the help of certified electricians, to obtain certificate.
- The proper insurance coverage to overcome from any uncertain circumstances.
On the other hand, the electrical contractors are licensed and insured by having well-certified electrician to operate following electrical service. They are responsible for the following tasks,
- Install switchboard or safety switch for the residential buildings
- Repair a small and large voltage machine
- Install and preserve high-voltage lines
- Maintain and protect a processing plant
- Install and maintain large extension TC
- Preserving and installing wiring appliances of residential and commercial building
Hence, these are the important difference between the electrical contractor and electrician for you to understand and to clear all your doubts regarding the same.