Owning luxurious rides and simultaneously maintaining them are two different things. Simply, visiting a showroom and buying expensive cars and bikes is not the only thing involved in having a smooth drive. Apart from flaunting your automobiles, you also need to keep a check on their spare parts, by going for regular services. Clutch and brake service, forms an utmost important part when your vehicles are going for an overhaul. Hence, if you are experiencing any kind of flaws with your vehicle, then it should not be avoided. Read this article to collect information about the importance of brake and clutch service.
What are brake, and a clutch?
It is a mechanical device fixed in your vehicle for slowing down or stopping your automobile, by preventing its motion. Friction is used between two surfaces in order to inhibit motion.
It is a spinning disk that acts as a connection between the transmission and engine system in your cars/bikes. The clutch delivers power to the wheels and helps in shifting gears.
How to inspect, if your clutch and brake are wearing out
With the help of some pointers, you will be able to realize if your vehicle needs a car service or not!
1. Brake Inspection
- If the brake pedal has become hard, low, spongy or soft.
- If your brakes do not work properly when you give ‘Panic stops’.
- If your vehicle suddenly starts veering to left or right
- If your vehicle loses its grip
- If you feel that the steering wheel starts shuddering.
2. Clutch Inspection
- If you notice any change in engine speed without acceleration.
- If there is a sudden change in the height of the clutch pedal.
- If you perceive any change in the engine power, when you are pulling a load
- If you detect some burning smell coming from bonnet.
- If your vehicle’s engine is taking more RPMs to attain certain speed.
- If your clutch needs only little pedal movement to disengage the vehicle
3. Importance of Brake and Clutch Service
Following are some of the reasons, that your automobile should go under the brake and clutch service.
- By ignoring minor brake and clutch faults you put your life into danger.
- Car and bike accidents happen due to their failures. Apart from putting your own life at risk, you also endanger the lives of everyone else sharing the roads.
- The wearing out of these parts results in limited lifespan of your automobiles.
- Ultimately, neglecting such defects will lesser the resale value of your vehicles.
4. What all happens in a Brake and clutch service?
The brake and clutch service includes all the below mentioned services!
During a Brake service
- The checking of the wear levels of drum shoe pad and/or disk brake pad.
- Replacement of shoe and brake pads if they have worn out.
- Inspection and refilling of brake fluid levels.
- Checking and replacement of components of braking system
- Ensuring the working of newly fitted components, by testing them thoroughly
- Checking of disc rotors
During a Clutch service
- Inspections of the flywheel, clutch disc, pressure plate, throw out bearing and pilot bearing.
- Replacement of the clutch disc as this is the most important part
- Replacement of pressure plates, if found to be worn out.
- Either replacement or resurfacing of the flywheel
- Replacement of the throw out bearing, if required.
- Checking of the fluid from the engine or transmission and fixing of any leakage, that can do damage to the vehicle’s clutch mechanism.
Please visit us today for getting more information on your car’s brake and clutch service.